Standardized Tests Require Customized Preparation
For your college-bound high school student to be successful, test prep tutoring can help in immense ways. At Academy Tutors, our SAT, ACT, and SSAT curriculum partners help us develop unique programs to keep skills sharp. Our tutors write each course based on the needs of our students. We choose tutors based not just on their ability to explain the subject matter, but also on their passion for helping others and ability to empathize with their students.
Test Prep Tutoring with Academy Tutors
Our programs consist of three elements: Diagnostic Tests, Blended Curriculum, and one-to-one Strategy Sessions with an experienced test prep tutor.
- Full-length official or benchmarked practice tests
- Comprehensive score report with category and difficulty breakdown
- Online practice tests to assess accuracy and speed (ACT and SAT)
- Director creates a custom program based on test results
- Thousands of simulated test questions
- Videos explain ways to answer each practice question efficiently
- Online practice tests to assess speed and accuracy
Strategy and Content Sessions
- Explore sessions on specific subjects in your private classroom
- Learn strategies for each section from our expert tutors
- Book a session of your choice (60-120 minutes) to focus on one test section
- Guided solutions to difficult questions from tests and homework
- Incorporate time management techniques to help deal with unfamiliar material
Preparing for College Admission Tests
Our tutors are caring experts in all subjects that you student needs to master before taking the SAT or ACT. With our test prep tutoring services, we focus on what your student is struggling with to make each lesson customized. All of our tutors want to ensure he or she is confident on test day!
The SAT is a standardized test widely used as a college entrance exam. Administered to high school students, this exam measures a student’s readiness for college. These scores provide a common data point with which colleges can use to compare all applicants fairly.
The ACT is another entrance exam that measures college readiness. Colleges look at this score to compare applicants’ abilities in English, Math, Reading and Science. It also includes an optional writing section.
The PSAT is often given to underclassmen in high school. It helps 9th and 10th graders prepare for the SAT®, understand how it feels to take a college entrance exam, and with a good score, they can also qualify for scholarships.
Secondary school admissions test (SSAT)
The SSAT has three levels (elementary, middle, and high school), all of which Academy Tutors can help prepare for. This standardized test is used by admission officers to evaluate students wanting to enroll in a secular private school. The SSAT is structured to measure essential verbal, math, and reading skills. We also provide services to prepare for other admissions tests like the ISEE and HSPT.
Don’t Delay…Test Prep Today!
When your child is feeling anxious about taking that important test, Academy Tutors is here. We have knowledgeable and caring tutors available to help your student prepare for a test any time of day. Talk with our director to find the tutor matched for you for test prep.