College Admissions Requires a Team of Support
We’re here to get your student to a higher level of education
At Academy Tutors, we care about your child’s path to higher education. That’s why our educational consultants are here to make sure that you and your student understand the steps to get to college. We will help every step of the process—research, application, admissions, and financial planning.
Academy Tutors will provide insight that goes beyond traditional college counselors, advisors, and other tutoring companies. Academy Tutors offers a customized experience. Included is one-on-one help from one of our expert admissions coaches. We provide assistance in other areas as well to guide you through the whole admissions process.
When you are applying to colleges, there is a higher expectation than passing grades and good test scores. We are here to help by building on each student’s life experiences, strengths, and other areas to help gain admission your student’s desired schools.
Our high education consulting services include:
- Support for creating well-written essays: this can drastically improve the chance of admissions and scholarships
- One-on-one interview: to discover what makes your student unique
- Continued follow-up: tutor and student work together to find a meaningful thesis and relevant examples
- Applications and Essay Review: sessions to review grammar, sentence structure, and organization
- Academy partners with College Choice Today to help students find the right school.
Get Help with Choosing a College and Financial Planning
Meet Ashly Jordan
Owner of My Education Connections, LLC
I believe in a holistic approach that meets the individual needs of the student and parents when planning for college. Our program utilizes resources, experience, and technology to effectively help plan for both college and career.
As an educator of nearly a decade, I understand education and knowledge are the keys to success, and I work in concert with schools, families, and students to facilitate a clear plan for their future.
To obtain the best results, we use:
- Objective Assessment
- Interest Surveys
- Professional Coaches
For each student, we create a personalized plan including college, major, and career. I help alleviate the guesswork, minimize the uncertainty, and assist families in avoiding the costly missteps that are associated with college and career planning.
Meet David Thiel
Financial Associate at Thrivent Financial
When it comes to planning for college, the financial stakes have never been higher. Having the right plan can make a world of difference. You know that. I do, too. I work with families, schools, churches, and other organizations to help deepen families’ understanding of:
- How the financial aid process works
- The importance of planning ahead to help students attend the right college at an affordable cost
- Making smart saving—and spending—decisions to maximize eligibility for financial aid and tax incentives, and minimize debt
- How parents and students can effectively talk about educational finances
Thrivent Financial and its respective associates and employees cannot provide legal, accounting, or tax advice or services. Work with your Thrivent Financial representative, and as appropriate, your attorney and/or tax professional for additional information. Securities and investment advisory services are offered through Thrivent Investment Management Inc., 625 Fourth Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55415, a FINRA and SIPC member and a wholly owned subsidiary of Thrivent Financial, the marketing name for Thrivent Financial for Lutherans. Thrivent Financial representatives are registered representatives of Thrivent Investment Management Inc. Fee-based investment advisory services are available through qualified investment advisor representatives only. For additional important information, visit Thrivent.com/disclosures. 2065042-032118